Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Day One of Facebook Withdrawal

Wow, day one of facebook withdrawal wasn't so easy. I woke up and immediately wanted to see what was new with people, and didn't do it. There were many moments during the day when I had the impulse to "check" facebook and just had to divert that energy elsewhere. It's a good thing I had a full day at work and then a celebration afterwards at Forno Tuscano in Saratoga Springs, to say so-long to one of our favorite museum monitors who's moving to Maine. There were about 10 of us, and we sat long and happily in a pretty corner of the restaurant, near the bar. Hearty salads, individual pizzas, and wine were the fare for the night, and we talked a lot and laughed even more. It was a good day. And now I am home, at almost 10 pm, and when I would normally be checking out all the updates on facebook, I am here instead, saying hello to you or perhaps no one in particular, but grateful to have this time to reflect on the day.

As I promised in my last post, I will be bringing you two terrific apple recipes in my next posts. The first, Apple Cider Doughnut Cake (!) is something I'll be baking tomorrow night and photographing in the next morning's light. Then, there's Diane Loviza's Apple Brownies - only problem is she sent me the recipe in a message on facebook, as well as a photo, and now I'm disconnected. I will make an actual phone call (I do remember her number!) and get the recipe over the phone, just like I did in 1990!

As I head toward the weekend, there are more cakes to bake (two birthday cakes) and muffins and scones for my favorite hotel. And, I'm looking forward to a visit from Russ as well, which makes me happy.

So...I think Day 2 of facebook withdrawal will be a little easier than Day 1, and Day 3 even easier. It's all going to be OK. There is life after facebook.

I hope you have all had a very good day, and a peaceful, restful night. I'll be back soon with those luscious apple recipes, so please come back, and leave a comment. I'll be very glad to know you're here!

Photo image credit: http://teacherslounge2012.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/no-facebook.jpg



3 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the cake recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, it's posted now, so give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting the pumpkin muffins recipe topped with pumpkin seeds. I love EVERYTHING pumpkin and have been looking for a recipe that I would like to try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete