Saturday, February 11, 2012

A little Valentine Love comin' from my oven

Unlike most couples, and because we have long-term and a not-so-long distance relationship (he lives in central New York), Russ and I won't be seeing each other on Valentine's Day.  We're celebrating tonight, three days early, and I am, as usual, at a loss about what to give the man who has everything.  If  he wants something, he buys it for himself.  It's very challenging shopping for someone like that!  Russ has more ties than I can count.  He doesn't eat candy.  He has a million books.  So I'm baking sugar cookies and banana bread, both of which he just loves! These are my gifts to him this year.  I hope they bring him a little bit of tasty happiness!

Keeping me company as I baked this afternoon is Odie (Oden) my grand-dog.  He's a beauty!

Grand-dog Odie!  Always good company...


Mini-banana bread




Here's a photo of all the goodies I'm baking today.  It's a busy afternoon in the Adirondack Baker's kitchen!

Gifts



Russ and me in 2003 (yikes!)... Time for a new photo!


Happy Valentine's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment