Thursday, September 29, 2011

Weekend Baking, Already Underway

This weekend I'm baking two birthday cakes, one for 7-year old Ellie, and one for Lisa, who is not seven but celebrating as if she is! Ellie is hosting ten of her friends and wants a little two-tiered cake with fondant decorations.  Lisa asked for something simpler - she contacted me via facebook messaging to ask if I'd bake her birthday cake.  I love it when someone askes me to bake a cake for their own birthday.  It's very proactive and I have to say yes for that reason alone!  Tonight, Ellie's cakes are baked and just out of the oven.  They'll be frosted and decorated tomorrow night.  Lisa's cake gets baked tomorrow for Saturday morning decorating.  I'll post photos as the cakes take shape, promise!

In the meantime, I'm working my regular job full-time, and spending time with Katie and the boys downstairs. Three-year old Henry started pre-school a few weeks ago and loves it, and Pete (now 11 months old) has become a crawling speed demon and just cut a new tooth.



Pete checking out my Timex
Henry, at the ADK Balloon Fest
where he got a bunch of mosquito bites!

It seems my life doesn't leave much time for relaxing.  Maybe that's why, when I stopped at Jacob & Anthony's last night to buy a take-out dinner, and they said I'd have to wait 30 minutes, I was grateful!  I sat at the bar and enjoyed my drink and watched people coming in to get their Tuesday night special (rigatoni with meatballs and sausage in an incredible red sauce, with ceasar salad and a loaf of Italian bread -- all for $24.95 and enough to feed 4-6 very generously).  It was the first time I had nothing to do for 30 minutes since those lovely August days at the beach house, and I enjoyed every second.

I am off to bed so I can get up early and be busy once again.  For now, good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment