Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Boy and a Cupcake

It's another beautiful summer day off for me!  No sleeping in, though -- it was early-to-rise this morning to make cupcakes for my friend Sarah.  It's her son-in-law's birthday.  She only wanted a dozen, and I don't know how to make only a dozen, so I made 21 cupcakes.  Just as I was finishing them up, I heard a little voice and footsteps coming up the stairs to my apartment.  "Gwa!" (that's Henry-speak for Grandma) and there was Henry at my door.  He saw the cupcakes and for the first few minutes just looked at them with awe and curiosity.  Then he asked me for one.  It's 9 a.m.  He's still in his pajamas.  I thought about it.  I said, "No, these are for later."  Definitely not.  No way.  Then he looked at me with those eyes.  I caved.  I'm such a lightweight.  There are photos as evidence, but his mother doesn't need to know about this.  After all, the sign on my kitchen wall releases me from all liability (doesn't it? - his lawyer-mother may argue that point!):









We're off to a day at the beach (Bolton Landing on Lake George, of course!)...Hope you have a great day as well!

2 comments:

  1. How adorable! I could see how that cuteness would be hard to resist. :) I live by the rule that it's never too early for chocolate... The cupcakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen - I like that rule! I think Henry really loved the cupcake, so it was worth it! I have to be careful how much of my goodies I share with him - don't want him blaming later in life by saying "it all started with my Grandmother's cupcakes...!"

    ReplyDelete