Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Oreo-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie!

Evidence of my taste "test"
OK, I could get arrested for this one.  I mean, with my WW mentality and exercising more days than I'm not, this flies in the face of good nutrition, or even just mediocre nutrition.  But it's an Oreo....an Oreo stuffed inside a home-made chocolate chip cookie.  Either one on its own is good, but together, well, it's a marriage made in chocolate-lovers heaven.  The odd thing is, I could take either or leave it, depending on the day.  On Saturday, at Teresa Loviza's bridal shower, this cookie was beautifully displayed along with my shower cupcakes and chocolate-dipped strawberries.  I couldn't help it.  I took it.  Tina made them and it would have been RUDE, I tell you, to pass it by (right?).  Have to admit, I was intrigued more than anything.  Really, why stuff a cookie within a cookie?  Just not necessary - like deep-frying a Ring Ding or pickles or even green beans for that matter.  Why ruin a good thing?  But then I tasted it, and I looked around at others who were just tasting it as well.  We shared a reaction, and it was "Oh my God!!!!"  The sum is more than its parts.  Just try it once.  You never have to go back there again, but an Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookie is a confectionary experience not to be missed!



OK - just remember, you have a mind of your own.  Don't blame me!

OREO-STUFFED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
(recipe courtesy of Picky Palate)

  • 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
  • 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 3 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 package Double Stuff Oreo cookies

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Cream butter and sugars together with a mixer until well combined.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.
  3. In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda.  Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined.
  4. Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of an Oreo Cookie.  Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of Oreo cookie.  Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until Oreo cookie is enclosed with dough.  Place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake cookies 9-13 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Photo:  my own, while I had a chance

3 comments:

  1. You really could get arrested for this!! LOL!!! but you know what...sometimes it's just necessary to indulge!!! I may make these for myself once I get Holly and Brad moved for the 7th time in one year!!! At least they are young and healthy and in love!!!! I on the other hand....won't be healthy after eating all of these myself....thanks for the recipe!!!
    Have loved seeing all of your cakes and wedding fun!!!! Hope you are resting somewhat now!!!!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm yum yours look really good. some bloggeres oreo-stuffed cookies don't turn out as pretty looking, but i would totally want to eat yours

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a big hit! Have never tried to bake them with a cookie inside just candy.
    Ginelle

    ReplyDelete