Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pulled Pork Sandwiches This Weekend

My friend Mary told me she made "the best" pulled-pork sandwiches, and the recipe was so easy.  She got it from one of those crock pot cookbooks.  I love pulled pork.  If you don't eat pork, you can also use boneless/skinless chicken (breasts and/or thighs) instead.  This makes a terrific meal, for lunch or a casual dinner. 

Here's Mary's recipe (I added the seasoned salt). 

MARY'S PULLED PORK SANDWICHES

1   2-2.5 lb. pork tenderloin or pork butt
12 oz. can diet pepsi (really) but you can use the real thing - this was from a "lite" cookbook
1 bottle barbeque sauce (average size)
Seasoned salt

Soft rolls (Kaiser, or something similar)
Cole slaw

Mix together soda and barbeque sauce in a crockpot.

Rub the pork with seasoned salt or your own favorite barbeque rub.
Place in crock pot in the sauce.

Cook on low 4-5 hours.  Pull pork apart with two forks.  Keep heated on low.

Serve on soft kaiser rolls with cole slaw on the side. 

Photo image found at: http://www.mygourmetconnection.com/recipes/sandwiches/img/pulled-pork-sandwiches.jpg

1 comment:

  1. This looks incredible!!! I have a recipe similar to this but it uses a brisket roast instead of pork!!! I will post it on my blog soon!! Glad you made me remember it!!!

    ReplyDelete