Monday, May 17, 2010

Guilty Pleasure: Jewel Quest

Hello, my name is Jeannie, and I play Jewel Quest.  There, it's out.  I admit it.  It's a weakness, an obsession, an occasional escape.  I find it especially welcome during those occasions when a diversion is preferable to, let's say, reality.  I open up a session of Jewel Quest on Yahoo Games (it's free, online) and I go through a couple puzzles (each about five minutes) until I'm kicked out.  Perhaps its tropical essence is what attracts me.  There are calls of exotic birds and other jungle-like noises that sound off when a good move is made.  Or perhaps it's the adrenalin rush of beating the screen, until you don't.  The escape comes in the form of required undivided attention;  if you stop to think of anything else, you're done.  For saavy game players, JQ is probably considered entry-level or baby steps.  I have never been into digital games, so this relatively new behavior doesn't have me worried.  I can quit, any time. Really.  If I have to...

SO, if you do manage to get to 30,000 points (about six puzzles worth) you get to see the totem's head glow and all his teeth flash golden light.  It's really a beautiful sight.

Some people take coffee breaks.  I break for Jewel Quest.

Image source: http://games-mix.com/jewel-quest/screenshot-1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment