Saturday, May 1, 2010

Come Saturday Morning...

I really love Saturday mornings, especially when the sun is shining and the air is warm.  This morning I slept until 9 a.m.(in reaction, no doubt, to getting up at 6:05 a.m. during the work week!).  It's almost noon and already I've watched Henry play with his new water table.  Blueberry muffins have been pulled from the oven and cinnamon raisin  mini-scones are baking right now.  The afternoon is wide open, and I might take a ride with Katie and Henry to check out some antique shops.  She's looking for something very specific and it'll be like a scavenger hunt.

It's not often that I face a day with little to do.  I've become so accostomed to "the work day" that I'm always looking for the next thing to check off my to-do list, wherever I am.  Gotta shake that off, especially on the weekend.  Even at my age, it's never too late to learn to relax and go with the flow!

Photo credit: The Sandpipers record album, Come Saturday Morning, Soundtrack to the 1969 coming-of-age movie The Sterile Cukoo starring Liza Minelli (loved it!)...
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj8FWvcvYNXq0ad6Cc2MJfpblHjB9jwXkQ-NUps7o3bWKIMzGAh4O8ni6DVTkYPr5jOZ4SPoCrIQQDRCdkOoZaSDiQbsbfT-N-Rskj3unSpu92Sm0uzEPC2ulT9Vc903a_WZ91rj0DK9O8/s1600/come+saturday+morning.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment