Friday, November 6, 2009

It was COLD this morning!


It was COLD when I woke up this morning. My lovely new apartment is still sans heat, but it'll warm up once some valves and gadgets and other things are tinkered with and thermostats are finally in place. My son-in-law is taking all of next week off to get such things done. Not that I'm suffering. I was warm and toasty under my lofty down comforter as long as I didn't move an inch. When I woke up this morning, the only thing that really jolted me awake was an encounter with some cold porcelain, which was much more effective than my cell phone alarm at waking me up! To warm up the apartment, I ran the dishwasher on the "pot scrubber" cycle last night since that pumps out a good amount of heat during the drying cycle. Then, this morning, I decided to produce a dozen cinnamon rolls for the family just because I craved the oven's heat.


My apartment will be warm tonight. It's one of those Fridays when I go into the weekend facing a lot of baking. I have the usual muffins, scones, and cinnamon rolls in the cue, and also two dozen sugar-free cupcakes for a co-worker. I've never baked sugar-free before. I've baked egg-free and dairy-free and even gluten-free, but never sugar-free. I hope it works out well and I don't want my contribution to his party to be a disappointment. I'm also attending a bridal shower for my nephew's fiance tomorrow, at Limoncello in Saratoga Springs, and it's nice because I am not providing the cake. I get to be "just a guest" and that's always a welcome relief from responsibility!


I have no recipe for you today, just best wishes for a relaxing, rejuvenating weekend. We're expected to see some snow flurries flying by here in upstate New York. My aforementioned son-in-law Bill encountered some very large, fat snowflakes last night when he was driving through the Berkshires on the Mass pike. It won't be long for us, I'm sure.


Eat good things and stay warm!


1 comment:

  1. Look at all those followers.

    Adirondack Baker, I give you "A Girl Gone Gourmet." She's in catering.

    http://agirlgonegourmet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete