Thursday, September 3, 2009

Breakfast Pizza


Once when I’d never heard of breakfast pizza, I made the recipe up for my kids. Now breakfast pizzas are everywhere, but for a while it was a cool and unique dish in our house! It’s one of those things that has me thinking I missed yet another opportunity for fame and fortune!

For my original version, I’d take a Boboli crust and add omelet-like fixings and pop it in the oven until the cheese was melted and it was all nice and bubbly. This became a regular early Friday-morning breakfast before my kids left for school. These pizzas also make a nice contribution to a breakfast buffet, cut in wedges or little squares. They can be as healthy or as decadent as you like - the combination of ingredients and possibilities are only limited by your imagination!

Here are some ideas:

Boboli crust (or your own pizza crust)
Already-scrambled eggs
Hollandaise sauce (you can make it from a packet – McCormick’s)
Sliced mushrooms
Breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled or links sliced into little rounds (or veggie crumbles)
Diced or thinly sliced cooked ham
Bacon, cooked and crumbled
Broccoli
Roasted red peppers
Salsa

Choose any of the toppings you want and top it off with shreds of your favorite cheese (swiss, cheddar, Monterey Jack – whatever).

Bake at 425˚F until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 10 minutes.

Watch it disappear.


Photo credit: http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=breakfast+pizza&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g2

No comments:

Post a Comment